One of the fastest-growing areas for job openings is that for nursing assistants. If you are looking for a fulfilling career in the field of nursing, consider a Certificate in Nursing Assistant from Diversity Career College Vocational School. The salary range is $37K to $52K and we can help get you placed.
As a nursing assistant, you can work in numerous positions, from a nurse’s aide and orderly to certified nursing assistant in a hospital setting, retirement homes, assisted living facilities, and nursing and long-term care facilities.
Our Certificate Program
We take great pride at the variety of learning opportunities we provide to our nursing assistant aspirants:
- Virtual interactive learning
- In-class lectures taught by experienced instructors
- Clinical rotations
- Externship placements in home health care settings and long-term care facilities
- Hands-on instruction
- Small classes providing for personal attention
Through successful completion of our program, you will be poised to competently and confidently enter the medical field ready to work.
What Does a Nursing Assistant Do?
As a nursing assistant, you will work in direct contact with patients and doctors, under the supervision of a registered nurse (RN) or licensed practical nurse (LPN). You will take lead on the daily needs of your patients, including:
- Medication Reminders
- Checking vital signs
- Providing ongoing care as needed
- Updating care team on changes in patient condition
- Monitoring patient food and liquid intake
- Help patient with activities of daily living like eating, bathing
More About Our Nursing Assistant Program…
- Minimum age requirement at least 17 years of age with parent’s consent.
- Copy of High School diploma
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of Valid CA I.D./Driver’s License
- Copy of Covid-19 Vaccination Card
- Must not have been convicted in any court of law of any major crime
- Must have Physical Exam and Negative TB Skin test or Negative Chest X-Ray (ask school for assistance)
- Certified in B.L.S. (Basic Life Support – ask school for assistance)
- Live Scan Fingerprint for CDPH (Dept. of Public Health – ask school for assistance)
Technology Hardware and Software Requirements:
- A Mac or PC desktop, laptop, or tablet
- A working camera and mic in your computer
- A good and reliable internet connection
- Computer literacy
- Basic knowledge of computer and internet skills
- Knowledge of terminology such as browser, application, etc.
- Understanding of basic computer hardware and software
- Ability to perform computer operations
- Knowledge of copying and pasting, spell checking, saving files
- Knowledge of sending and downloading attachments
- Internet skills and ability to perform online research using various search engines and visit distance library databases
- Ability to use online communication tools such as email, discussion boards, chats, and Messenger
- Undergone orientation with the Learning Management System
|Registration Fee (Non-Refundable, good for 1 year and student can only reschedule 1 time)||$150.00|
|Tuition Fee (includes textbook)Installment payment plan is available (ask school for assistance)||$1,350.00|
|Uniform (top and bottom)||$25.00|
Next class will be: August 7 to September 7, 2023
Theory: 8/7 – 8/18
Clinical: 8/18 – 9/7
Must complete 60 hours of online theory and 100 hours of clinical training.
Student must pass an overall grade of 70% in Theory;
Description of Required Coursework:
– 17 Quizzes (one per module)
– Written final exam
Description of Required Coursework: Clinical Skills
– Clinical Skills Final Exam
– Passing score is Satisfactory
– Clinical Site: Salinas, CA
– Only students that have completed the Theory coursework at Diversity Career College can attend for the clinical class.
This is a fast-paced program for the AM Class that takes only less than 30 days to complete!
Questions? Please call (707) 384-0184 for more information.
Please call the school at 408-612-8170 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes